Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Tidy Up Music

For a couple of years I used 'Circle of Life' - great uplifting song everyone learnt to sing along to. I now used 'Hi Ho' but had to edit it as the original was a bit to short

We tidy up to "Angel" by Lionel Richie. It starts slowly and when the children hear it playing they know to stop what they are doing and wave their hands in the air. When the music livens up the tidying up starts. The music then starts to slow down and they know that they haven't got long to finish off before they have to be sitiing on our mat. Usually start it playing again whilst we clap to the music or hand jive whilst we are waiting for the last couple of tidiers. It does work well.

We have used most of the above at some point, we also use, Thunderbirds are go, Don't stop me now by McFly, Mamma Mia etc. we always played Hi ho and Whistle While You Work, but this summer we mixed it up a bit and the children loved it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)