Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

How Many Of Us Are Changing Our Planning Yet Again?

As we start working on our 'to do' list for the summer holidays, how many of us out there are still not happy with their planning and still trying to work out how to do it????? :o

Me for a start, promised myself i would find a planning format that i am happy with and can be easily done without taking up too much time.......im still looking :(

At least I still have another 3 weeks to get it right xD

Not me. We tweaked our planning at the end of last term so we need to let that embed first and see whether it works.

I have still got 'continuous provision planning' on my to do list, however. I have a feeling it may well still be there in September. :o

Maz

yep looking into planning again at the moment, would love to see other peoples to get an idea, can not really add mine as it is a working document done on a daily basis, on a big sheet of paper showing resources put out, resources chosen by children, resources and activities requested by keyworkers for childrens next steps. We add to it throughout the session saying what happend how we could extend, what didnt work etc by the end of the session there is no room left on it. Quite conclusive when it is read but feeling the big 'O' still want more so would love to see others.

Yes!!! Found guilty!!! I am always adjusting my planning and still am not happy!! I am fine with my continuous provision and LTP. I am not really sure about MTP and short term!! I have tried lots of different ways but nothing that really works! Will have to put my thinking cap on again for more ideas. Has anyone got a good MTP or STP format that works and doesnt take a million hours to complete!!??? Thanks xx :o (Am in School so might have different format! Same problem tho!!!)

Edited by dransfieldm

Not me :o

Apart from my daily addiction on FSF i have not touched anything to do with school since 24th July and i go on holiday tomorrow to Cyprus until the 27th. Then we have a big family weekend with my parents 60th birthday and dad's retirement bash so i won't start thinking about school properly until 1st September - my first proper holiday in years and I can't wait. For once school is not my priority! xD

me to but at least werenot on our own! and when everyone puts their planning on its all so good that i never know what to choose x

if you just put a search in lilliejos loads will come up for you x

We probably average 2 changes per term ....one day we will find the holy grail

I think that just about sums it up!

I gave up on our planning last year, we just had mid term for the themes and festivals and special events and continuous provision sheets for each area..... but I got paranoid that wasnt going to be enough for Ofsted and sat down with the early years advisors towards the end of last term and they showed me what everyone else was doing and think Ive come up with something to try for the new term we will wait and see......

but Im a stong believer in keep it short and sweet it it wont fit on one page (A4) then its too much

• 3 weeks later...

Well my school want to do things the old fashioned way and we have ofsted coming in - Im so freaking confused right about now and wish I could replace the word freaking with something stronger! This whole change over is confusing! Why cant it just be the same with added bits...grrr. Sorry I think I have my rant head on today!

weekly_plan.docxfinally finished my list of things to do. Oh cannot print off SEF though as computer running out of ink. 3rd ink cartridge this holiday.

Planning yes we have changed ours again. children choose toys and activities so we did try sheet with sand, water, ict, small world on it but found too hard to fill in after and also it was always me. cannot fill in before as did not know what children wanted in sand etc.

i have adapted this sheet. have filled it out for next week mostly getting to know each other, doing new name cards etc for activities. will see how it goes.

great believer in minimum paperwork.

oh enlarged it on photocopier to A3

My school has been in special measures for nearly two years and our planning as well as every other area is constantly scrutinised. (even though FS has always done well in our termly HMI inspections).

I teach Nursery, but I am still required to put differentiated learning objectives for each area on the planning (lower ability/average ability/higher ability) and also differentiated (3 way) "I can" statements as success criteria to assess whether children have achieved the learning objectives. Our planning has to be put on the staffshare at the beginning of the week. We have to display the "I can" statements for literacy and numeracy in the classroom daily.

I really struggle to break down the "I can" statements into child-friendly language (especially as I have 80% of children with EAL). You can imagine that my planning is extremely complicated and takes me hours!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)