Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Query Re: Submitting Sef

Just a quick question.....

Do you have to complete all sections of the SEF form to be able to submit it online? At the moment my manager is having problems submitting what we have done. Not all sections are completed. However, on some recent training course I was told that it was a working document that could be updated and submitted regularly.....Any ideas what we are doing wrong??!!

Any help would be appreciated!

Just a quick question.....

Do you have to complete all sections of the SEF form to be able to submit it online? At the moment my manager is having problems submitting what we have done. Not all sections are completed. However, on some recent training course I was told that it was a working document that could be updated and submitted regularly.....Any ideas what we are doing wrong??!!

Any help would be appreciated!

I might be wrong but as far as I understand it you cannot submit a partly completed SEF. Once it is complete you can submit it and then go in whenever you like to change/update.

I have also heard that it is a working document but I took this to mean once it is completed you don't just think 'ok job done' and forget about it! that's where the updating/changing things online comes in.

As I said I could be wrong and now I am wondering..................perhaps others may have different experiences

i think at the moment you have to submit the whole document however if you read ofsted news, one of the changes from September is:

'a change in the validation process to enable people to submit partially completed forms if they have not had enough time to complete the whole form.'

samfrostie :o

Hi,

I haven't actually tried to submit mine yet, but I was advised on an SEF training course that you could just insert a stock phrase such as "being up-dated" in the sections you haven't done yet and they would be accepted, i.e. there needs to be something in every box or it will bounce. Worth a try anyway.

Sharky