Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Activity Idea For Pre-school Toddler Grups

Hi all

Has anyone got any activity ideas for a toddler drop-in that is held once a week for two hours at a time.

Any ideas would be welcomed

thanks

When I used to run our stay and play we offered a variety of messy play for the first part of the session - the usual paint, playdough, glue and glitter etc. Lots of our children didnt get the opportunity to do this at home so it went down well with the children and the parents/carers were happy not to have all the mess at home!

i don't run a group myself but love taking my daughter on my day off and would just echo other's comments - the best groups we have been to have all the usual toys and equipment out but also have a craft activity, two i've been to have a sit down snack-time for all the children and then finish with a songs time.

the one i used to run we had the usual dolls, prams, teddys, small world,bricks and blocks, (all age appropriate of course)

we then used to alternate between playdough, sand, water, dried pasta etc -then we set up different craft tables each week - gluing and sticking ,painting with brushes ,stamping etc. we also used to set up specific crafts -ie to make an end product to take home - and sometimes theme it or base it on festivals or events.

we made sure the parents sat at the craft tables with the children and joined in !

we had a sit down at snack time too - then we would have a song time and the children could choose a favourite song -or we used a song bag with various props in.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)