Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Accelerated Learning & Brain Gym Update Needed!

Hello!

Am busy going through my 'To Do' list for September and wondered if anyone can help!

The head of the school I am starting in Sept is very interested in Accelerated Learning and Brain Gym with a view to introducing it to the school and would like me to lead - foolishly I mentioned things in my interview which I now hear I am being involved in next year :o but I don't mind as it is what I enjoy doing!

I worked in a school where Accelerated Learning and Brain Gym was introduced and recieved some fantastic training over 3 days. I took this back to school and it was fab! Anyway, after a break from teaching my brain cells are a bit rusty and the squirrels seem to have had a feast on my files with most of my notes in. I have got a copy of the alps resource book but wondered if anyone could give me a quick pointer in developments over the last 4 years of so and the best places to look for more info!

Many thanks in advance,

Lxx

Have you come across Nicola Call's books? They're very readable, with lots of practical ideas, although not specifically about brain gym. They are called "The Thinking Child: Brain-based learning for the foundation stage" and "The Thinking Child Resource Book", written with Sally Featherstone.

Thank you everyone for all the links and resources. Have ordered the 'The Thinking Child' and 'The Thinking Child Resource Book' today and should be here tomorrow :o

Thanks once again,

Lx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)