Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

£ Advice

Lucie

Hi everyone, I don't mean to sound like 'a sponge of society' (as my brother says!)

But, I have left university now after doing PGCE which i didnt work during bc needed to focus (i worked through the whole of my degree), but now i have no £, theres nowhere near me to do temp work (the place i normally go to for some extra cash has shut) and I have a job lined up to start teaching in september.

Does anyone know if i can claim any sort of help, ive obviously got no money coming in now but still need to live, and won't get paid for work til end of sep (i think) so was thinking if i could claim something i could save some and spread it out so that i would be able to get to work in sep!!

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Lucie

Hi everyone, I don't mean to sound like 'a sponge of society' (as my brother says!)

But, I have left university now after doing PGCE which i didnt work during bc needed to focus (i worked through the whole of my degree), but now i have no £, theres nowhere near me to do temp work (the place i normally go to for some extra cash has shut) and I have a job lined up to start teaching in september.

Does anyone know if i can claim any sort of help, ive obviously got no money coming in now but still need to live, and won't get paid for work til end of sep (i think) so was thinking if i could claim something i could save some and spread it out so that i would be able to get to work in sep!!

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Lucie

Have you no entitlement to benefits? (dole as was called)

Might be worth having a chat with your local CAB, as I believe the benefits system is a nightmare to understand and they'll know all about it!

Contact your local job centre or apply online. Friend of mine supply teaches and has just signed on as clearly she has no work for 6 weeks. IF you don't ask you won't get! It's one of the benefits of a social society.

Good point! Hope you get some help Lucie!

Maz