Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Beel

Hi Everyone,

I am a cct at a phase 2 children's centre just starting Baby EEL project. I am co-ordinating it between our private provider nursery (2-4yrs), LEA nursery (3-4s on 15hrs perweek starting from September), creche which we run for parent education groups and then stay and play drop ins. At the moment I am trying to do the physical environment form and background forms. I wondered if anyone else had co-ordinated the project in this way at another children's centre and would be able to talk to me about it. I have my mentor in for her first visit in the morning and although I have done quite a lot of the two forms everytime I start on them they seem to expand...

Hi jinny, welcome to the forum.

I did EEl several years ago and also started BEEL in similar circumstances to yours but then moved jobs. We started to look at it as several 'mini' BEELS, in terms of collecting the data, we then sorted it to provide different information fr the different parts of the practice. It was logistically very complex, but it did start to give us some common patterns, some overviews, and some more specific things we wanted to do (one of which was to coordinate our services more!). As I said, I left after the first 6 months, so I don't know how it progressed from there, but feel free to PM me if you want to ask anyhting else.

Hopefully your mentor will also be able to assist you with this espeically the collating part.

Hi jinny, welcome to the forum.

I did EEl several years ago and also started BEEL in similar circumstances to yours but then moved jobs. We started to look at it as several 'mini' BEELS, in terms of collecting the data, we then sorted it to provide different information fr the different parts of the practice. It was logistically very complex, but it did start to give us some common patterns, some overviews, and some more specific things we wanted to do (one of which was to coordinate our services more!). As I said, I left after the first 6 months, so I don't know how it progressed from there, but feel free to PM me if you want to ask anyhting else.

Hopefully your mentor will also be able to assist you with this espeically the collating part.

Hi Mundia thanks for that. Had 2 hour meeting with mentor and private provider manager this morning. We have planned things out of what to do when on a calendar and PPM has taken the 2 forms away to add on and edit.

Janice

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)