Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Fs Friendly Divali Storybook Titles?

Hi,

Does anyone know of a big book suitable for use with FS/KS1 about the Divali story. I have "Lighting the lamps" normal book size which is all about how Divali is celebrated but am looking for a suitable big book (or even normal sized book!) that tells the story of Rama and Sita simply. The one I currently use is more suited to upper KS1 or KS2 and has a lot of text on the page. Thanks for taking the time to read this and possibly respond....

What do you know it worked!!!

It is a powerpoint that is simple and very colourful you could copy each page to make a book or use the powerpoint as it is. Good luck!

Completely off subject Pootle - but did you notice that they are using the Flumps music in a television advert at the moment. My eldest son was a Flump fan - it was as if it were yesterday when I heard the familiar music! Sorry - cant help with the Rama/Sita story, it is a difficult one to get across, I do know the Tweenies "dramatized" it a few years ago, maybe they made a book too.

Completely off subject Pootle - but did you notice that they are using the Flumps music in a television advert at the moment. My eldest son was a Flump fan - it was as if it were yesterday when I heard the familiar music! Sorry - cant help with the Rama/Sita story, it is a difficult one to get across, I do know the Tweenies "dramatized" it a few years ago, maybe they made a book too.

Yes it's a great piece of music and stays in your head for weeks!!! Thanks for the Tweenies link.

Hi

Have you tried the Festival shop. They have some great resources and think they have a bit of a sale on at the moment. If you put it in google it should come up, as Iam not sure of the web address (sorry).

Hth's

Netta

Amazon has the following big book for sale for £14.95, free delivery

A Row of Lights: Big Book: The Story of Rama and Sita (Times to Remember)

Mo

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)