Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Assessment In Nursery

Hi all, I am starting in Nursery after being in reception since Jan. It will be a new school and I have been told that they only use the FSPs in the last term (summer) and only the first 3 points. What does everyone else think and do?

i think the general concensus is that ofsted ispectors will expect to see some sort of baselining and progression against the Development Matters. I know that several of the nurseries that I visit have started to devise their own systems to support this type of assessment. It is a bit of a quandry for us all as with the instroduction of the EYFS and Development Matters we have returned to a system where different authorities and settings are trying to devise systems to cope with monitoring progress- just like pre-profile days!

The sooner the government get us to all sing from the same hymn sheet the better- in the meantime it looks like every man for himslef!

In Birmingham we have a nursery profile that breaks down the 3 points you refer to. it has its advantages and disadvantages. Although we use it in our setting we are aware that it is Development Matters that is the most important idicator as this is what are curriculum is founded upon.

Hope this helps

Try the progress matters materials - there is a tracking tool on the cd rom/online you can use. I give the same advise as you initially outlined to our settings re use of eyfsp. It's for FS2 not really F1.

Cx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)