Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What Policies?

I work in a maintained Nursery school and our HT has just gone on long term sick. To cut a long story short, myself and another teacher have been left with a massive mess with regard to policies/paperwork etc.

Please could anyone post - or tell me where I can find- a list of basic policies that we should have in place to ensure we meet EYFS statuatory requirements. Thanks for any help- I know this is a big ask.

As a knee jerk response, before you lose it completely ( :o ). Have a look at the resources section - there are a lot of policies in there, then have a think about those you can use, adapt etc. You should then have a better idea of any gaps, so might be able to 'see the wood', as they say xD

Sue

If you read through the Statutory Guidance which came in the pack with the EYFS guidance, the cards and the poster, you will be able to work out which policies you absolutely must have in place, an then you can think about the ones you could enhance with if you buy a pack from the Pre-school Learning Alliance, they will have a website you can look on.

As you are in a school nursery I think most of the policies will be the same as those used by school.

You will need to check that they have been updated for the EYFS and that they actually mention /have regard for nursery and the EYFS in them.

I work in a maintained nursery in the morning and then it goes private in the afternoon.

At one time we were inspected separately and so private nursery did have its own policies.

Since Sep both bits of nursery (as they are run by school) come under the schools umbrella and when we were inspected in Feb they only looked at school policies!!

Hope this helped!

Nursery World ran a whole series of articles by Laura Henry covering the full range of pols and procs you need to have. You should be able to access this from their web site. I think there was also an update series with regard to EYFS last year.

If you belong to the NDNA you can now access their templates on line. :o