Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Monitoring Committee Actions

Hello all,

Realise I'm probably overdoing the posting on my first day but want to catch you all before you disappear on hols!

I'm after nuggets of advice again. We have a great commitee but sometimes we (I'm one of the worst offenders :o )forget what we've promised to do, then fail to do it, then promise again at the next meeting....etc, etc....

Anyone got any tips for how to keep on top of who's in charge of which action and whether it's been done? I guess we would really like some sort of online method of monitoring the status of actions.

Thanks!

TFAC

generally i would say the chairperson should be the one to keep on track of things , jobs etc should be noted at meetings with the people responsible, then they should be regularly followed up -then formally followed up at the next commitee meeting.

you should give yourselves a reasonable timescale and have regular progress reports.

make sure all members have a copy of the minuites -maybe you could do each member a list of the tasks they have agreed to ?

if people are finding that things arnt being done maybe they are taking too much on and the jobs need to be shared out more ? or maybe the jobs they are delegated to do would be better suited to someone else?

When you type up the minutes make sure there is a seperate column for actions on the right hand side where you can put the person's name who needs to do something. One of my efficient secretaries also highlighted the name of the person whose minutes they were so that you could see at a glance what you volunteered to do! Whenever you action something, you also need to agree on a time frame and note this down at the same time. :o

I have always done same as Beau,

a column to the left of the page for actions.. person who was due to do it was put in this column with time frame if needed. This was then highlighted for the individual person on the minutes when I sent them out

when I was secretary of a PTA it really helped highlight who was supposed to do what and time frame was given if needed. The preschool committee also did this, and Chair or secretary reminded people if need be.

Inge

Getting the minutes done fast and not leaving it until the next meeting makes a massive difference!

We have a yahoo group so that we can all keep up to date, remind everyone of things and have a place to store all the info we need.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)