Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Micro-teach Help

Hi all

I have an interview on monday and have to prepare a 1 and a half hour lesson plan on Supporting children - includes, legislation, safeguarding, policies, transition, diversity etc aimed at level 3 students. Then prepare and present 10 minute teaching session on the subject. Any ideas, it is a very serious subject and not sure how to make it lighthearted and get interview panel involved.

Any advice ideas very welcome

Many thanks

Deb

Hi thanks for your reply I am also a childminder, just completed my BA (Hons) Education and Childcare and hopin to change career and become further education teacher of childcare and education, hence the interview. !

I don't really understand what the brief is, debsnlittleangels. I'm having a hard of thinking day, obviously!

I think it is a tall order to cover all those subjects in an hour and a half - although I understand you don't have to actually teach it but even so - hard to plan for, I'd say.

And the ten minute microteach - do you choose one aspect of the subjects you've mentioned or do you have to address them all?

Maz

Hi, you summed up the situation completely!!

The brief is quite wide, but I presume they want me to focus on a smaller element to concentrate on to do in the 10 minute micro session and detail in the one and a half plan.

Like all interviews until you have some experience it is finding the clue to what they are looking for.

Thanx

Deb

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)