Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Reception Ratios Trips

Guest Greenhouse

Guest Greenhouse

Hi there, You wonderful people!

I am still at a loss for this one.....

What is the child/adult ration for offsite trips? For Reception/FS2 and Nursery/FS1

Is there a definitive answer?

We always do 1 to 4 or 1 to 5 depending on where we are going. If we go around the village walking we always have a 'spare' adult to act as the lollipop person. Quite a lot of places we visit give 1 adult free per 5 children. I think year 1 and 2 in our school work on 1 to 6. Not sure it's offical anyway. Think the EYFS just says that ratios should be adapted as necessary.

We're Reception and we have a 1:4 ratio. But in saying that it is useful to have an extra for a 'road person'.

Sam x

Guest LornaW

There is no legal ratio it is up to the school or setting to decide in the travel policy. My LA recommend for EYFS children aged 4 - 5 1:4 or 1:5 but no greater.

It is important to discuss this as a setting / school and do the risk assessment and then make the decision.

Just been on reception trip with 3 classes- 1:4 ratio plus 1 extra adult per class. Couldn't have managed as well with fewer adults. This was to a farm centre with lots of hands on and hand washing!

korkycat

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)