Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Topic For Spring Term- Toys

Hi Ya!

I am looking for ideas and plans on our new topic for the spring term which is toys! I would be truly grateful if anyone can help! I am nursery school teacher in a primary school and plan with the reception teachers!

Thank you so much!

Amy :D

Hi Amy,

As I was dusting the computer( xD ) I thought I'd just pop in and see what's happening......

We've recently done this topic, will dig out my planning and see what I can share with you. I definitely remember a session or two with bygone toys, which the children loved, once they realised how they worked! i.e., no battery!!! :o The old tin toys were particularly popular, especially a small carousel type thing with a lever to flick which sent three little airplanes spinning around. They played with that for ages. The whip and top and diablo were also popular, but needed a bit of monitoring! Hmm....

Where did I put the planning? It was a really fun topic - we visited The Bear Factory, too. Did you know if you take a group, you can have a free bear? You also get to help to make it.

Sue :D

Wow! that was a quick reply! Ive got my NQT release time at the mo so thought Id use the time gathering info and ideas! Where is the bear factory that would be a fantastic trip!!!

Well, the one we went to is in Nottingham!

I was under the impression it was a national chain. It's a shop in the big shopping centre in Nottingham, and you sort of 'go behind the scenes'. If you have a look in the phone book, or even do a search on the internet you might be able to find one near you?

Good luck! Obviously, my dusting takes hours...the ironing takes weeks :o

Sue :D

Hi Amy

We are doing toys next term and I have downloaded the planning from the Norfolk website which you will find here.

One of the activities we will be doing is asking the children to bring in one toy they got for Christmas to show at circle time.

Thanks for the website Denise-it looks really good. I shall be using that too!!

Linda

Hi hali - crackers! I knew I had forgot something... xD Thanks for reminding me.

I wish I did have time on my hands I'm still working three and half days as a LSA for a special needs child. It was a good week this week I was only punched once and I saved the school christmas tree from falling on some children after the little darling decided to be the 'Tazmanian Devil'. I love my job there's never a dull moment! :o

Thanks guys the websites and ideas are brill! I am really looking forawrd to the topic!!! Thanks again! Now must get back to the X Factor result!!!!!

Amy :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)