Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Routine Songs Help

Hello

If any one could share their start of day, lunch, end of day routine songs i'd be really grateful I am going to order some song books to build up my bank of simple songs, but i'd be keen to know what any one else is singing, my class will be nursery/recpetion/year 1.

We have a signing hello song that the children sing and sign to the adults of the setting at the start of group time

Hello ??? Hello ??? Hello ??? it's good to see you here. (Question mark is person's name!! - We chose not to do this to every child as with 26 children it was a bit long, so just do it to staff)

I'm not sure what the tune is called but it is the same one used for nice one cyril nice one son nice one cyril let's have another one.

We have lots of children with speech delay so this is why we are introducing signing songs, also very important to use repetitively. It is also helping staff with their signing.

Not wishing to hijack your thread, but we are looking at ways to improve our "tidy up time" routine, and have heard other settings use music or a song. Any suggestions appreciated.

We also use the "Nice one Cyril" hallo song, and sometimes substitute hallo with other languages, eg. Bonjour, Gutten tag, Hola, etc to introduce a little bit of awareness of other cultures/equal ops/ inclusion, etc, especially if we have children with EAL to promote their own language.

We also use it at our leavers' party: Goodbye - , Goodbye, - , Goodbye, - , We wish you lots of fun.

our welcome song is hello everyone how are you and we use makaton when doing it, another one we use is its time for school/nursery using makaton. For changing activities we sing stop everybody and show your hands, stop everybody and show your hands, stop everybody and show your hands its time to ???????

In my last setting ww sung a tidy up song:

Tidy up time, Tidy up time

Everyone, everyone

Let's all work together, lets all work together

Til its done, til its done.

If there was a child relucant to tidy up we replaced the word time with their name : Tidy up fred, tidy up fred etc.

Think the songs goes to the tune of I hear thunder.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)