Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Just Fancied A Moan!

Hi

I just fancied a moan and there is no better place than the forum so just ignore my ramblings i'm just having a bad week..... i'm soooo fed upp with staff whispering in corners and when i come in the room everyone goes quiet... it's sooo annoying it makes for such a bad atmosphere...... it's been going on for weeks now, i have tried having individual meetings with all staff checking if everything is ok and i have asked at a staff meeting if anyone has anything they would like to discuss but no one says anything, even during a session 2 staff are sitting in corners whispering and ignoring the children, soon as they see me it stops and they carry on with their jobs.... i feel like my staff are the children..... its just getting soooo hard as being the manager you have no one to discuss it with .... i'm starting to get paranoid and now i have spent all night thinking about it... which is stupid and i know i have to just let it go as its not worth worrying about but sometimes it just gets to you.... sorry moan over..... thanks !!!!

oh dear that is sad, i know what you mean about paranoia - think we all go through that as managers. why dont you give them a questionaire to fill in- i did one once on the things they loved about the nursery, didnt like, wanted to change etc - they dont have to put thier names on it....

failing that if they are still saying nothings wrong - i would just remind them all of thier proffessionalism whilst at work!

good luck have a restful weekend :o

HI

Feel free to moan away :o but of course I am sorry to hear it is necessary and sympathise with the situation you are in :(

I don't think it's stupid to worry about it at all and it must be awful to be working in such an atmosphere. It sounds as though you have tried really hard to address the problem and yet your staff still continue.

Would it be an idea to have two members of staff in togther ( sort of an inbetween the individual and whole staff meetings) and be blatantly honest and say you walked in on such and such a day and saw them whispering and then stopping when you arrive - I would ask them outright how they think that makes you feel.

Apart from the very important point that when they are doing this they are not focusing on the children there is the additional problem of it creating an unpleasant atmosphere.

It may be innocent in that they may be having a quick chat about their night out the evening before or something but it could be them having a moan. I tend to think it's not the latter as maybe they would have said something when seen individually or at the staff meetings. My guess is they are nattering about non work related stuff and of course they shouldn't be! I get it occasionally and it drives me round the twist but fortunately it isn't a big problem as it is not a regular occurence.

Sorry probably not much help but sending you virtual hugs and hope things improve soon xD

Edited by Geraldine

Hi SimCity

I understand exactly what you mean and wanted to empathise. This sort of thing can be very devisive within teams. Could you review your Equal Opportunities policy as a team, talk about respecting each other, having a positve supportive environment where all communication is positive and promotes each other's self esteem, just as children need their self-esteem boosted. Could you also actually say this includes whispering in corners, and stopping the minute someone enters the room. In fact if you have tried all that, could you even whisper to someone in a staff meeting without telling staff what you are trying to illustrate and then ask the other staff how they felt?

hi, i no just wat your going through as a team leader i feel i constently struggle for respect, what do i have to do shout at them moanin all the time, if there not happy with whats goin on with in the nursery i advise them to talk to the manager, gets me down an stressed dred goin in to work

i'm starting to get paranoid and now i have spent all night thinking about it...
oh dear that is sad, i know what you mean about paranoia - think we all go through that as managers.

Not just me then? :o

Maz

Not just me then? :o

Maz

Definitely not just you! xD

I am only a deputy and I thought getting paranoid was part and parcel of the job role :(

PS Continuing apologies for the way my messages read I have tried and tried to rectify things but failed miserably, I cannot find a way to change it and nor can I find a way to delete the tracker :(

Edited by Geraldine

if you mean your ticker Geraldine just go into your signature seetings and delete from them then save changes :oxD

I have tried Hali a million times at least!

I copied and pasted some text from the ticker site into the signature box thingy on my FSF page. It won't let me now delete that text. There is an 'edit signature' link but when I click on that it takes me back to the ticker site, I have wandered around there trying to find a way to delete it but haven't found it yet.

No idea what I did wrong! I was (note the past tense!) quite pleased I managed to create a ticker and get it on as my signature but of course didn't realise it would mess up the way my messages appear :(:(

big hug simcity...

there is just no pleasing some people.

try not to let them get you down

hope this gets sorted for you soon