Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What Can Target Tracker Do?

not sure if this is the right place but here goes. I am sitting here painstakingly filling in paper work for our EY advisor which involves me extracting information from the EYFS points grids (all 113 for each child) according to different groups of children i.e. all boys, all girls etc and recording their results to show how many children got 1 point, 2 points etc for all PSE and CLL. It is taking me an absolute age, surley that is what target tracker was invented for? I thought this tool could extract this sort of information to make it easy or am I totally wrong and missed the point? Some one help before my eyes give up!

Yes! Target tracker can certainly do all of those things! Don't ask me how as I haven't looked at it in an age! Only really been entering data up until now. Also have left the updated version at school so can't look and tell you I'm afraid. It definately can though!

Best luck with it. One question. How does he get to see the progress that the child has made in each area if he only sees points? Are each one of the statements counted as 1 point and from where to you start marking? Is it from 40 - 60+ until the ELG?

Best luck with it. One question. How does he get to see the progress that the child has made in each area if he only sees points? Are each one of the statements counted as 1 point and from where to you start marking? Is it from 40 - 60+ until the ELG?

Just finished my analysis and if you go on reports or charts on target tracker it will give you what you need. Also if you find the key questions button it will print an overall report for you showing % that got 78 points, 6 points in CLL, PSED, PSRN, the % of progress made by cohort, strenghs and weaknesses in results. I used these to then look at the charts to find details of what needed improving.

However I have also divised a colour coded system of entry and exit data so that they can see the progress that each child has made in the individual areas of CLL, PSED and PSRN. As we have many that don't score a 6 especially in ED, Cal, writing.

Hope that helps. Play around with charts and reports and you will soon find which one you need.

ah if only I was 'allowed' to get my hands on Target tracker I would do all this by myself and make life so much easier. Instead it is left to the ICT bloke and the FS leader! We hand fill in tick sheets in different colours every half term so we can see the progress. My FS leader is expecting me to go through each sheet, bearing in mind there are 13 sheets and i have 26 children, and transfer the information onto another lot of sheets (6) that gives the CLL LA advisor information on scores for boys, girls, eal, summer born, looked after chn and all children. Cna you see why my eyes are nearly cross eyed..............? The I remebered why target tracker was invented, to take away all this hassle! I have had to ask the ICT bloke to get the reports off the system for me. Funny the FS leader doesn't appear to know this and could actually do it herself for both classes without too much bother!

What on earth is the point of you filling out a tick sheet only for the information to be put into TT and all the info printed out at the press of a button.

I am a FS leader in a 4 form entry infant school (120 children) and certainly don't input the data myself!

Ok, we sit in pairs and one looks at the profile whilst the other puts in the data.....

... but I must admit I do enjoy doing all the fancy graphs and report sheets to show everything you are talking about.

Every year I ask my team if they want to do it themselves but always get the same answer....

"I would do, but you're so good at it"

What on earth is the point of you filling out a tick sheet only for the information to be put into TT and all the info printed out at the press of a button.

I am a FS leader in a 4 form entry infant school (120 children) and certainly don't input the data myself!

Ok, we sit in pairs and one looks at the profile whilst the other puts in the data.....

... but I must admit I do enjoy doing all the fancy graphs and report sheets to show everything you are talking about.

Every year I ask my team if they want to do it themselves but always get the same answer....

"I would do, but you're so good at it"

How does Target tracker fit in with e-profile? Is it doing the same thing?

We haven't used the eye profile yet but are goung to run it concurrently with TT next year and then decide which to use.

You can download EYE-Profile from the Suffolk website.

Type EYEProfile into google and it is usually the first webste. go in and follow the instructions.

good luck.

Hi

As a Nursery teacher problem with eyeprofile is it does not show DM statements or progress in them. Also Target Tracker does a key question report giving instant info for SEF and SIP don't think eyeprofile does this. :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)