Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Gtp In 2 Classes

My school are deciding who to put where in Sept. They are very keen to get EYFS practice into year 1. If I find myself in YR in the morning and Y1 in the afternoon, would this work with GTP? My info day is ages away, have warbled to an answer phone at the uni but thought some of you may have some ideas?? :o

sorry can't help chocisgood, but was interested to know how you feel about perhaps working in two different year groups. And good luck by the way for the next few weeks leading up to the end of your degree, mrsW.x

oh Mrs W, thanks for the kind words! i feel kind of excited about working in 2 year groups as feel so passionate about the EYFS. Also that fact that this wonderful forum exists gives me hope!( anyway too busy to think too much on it yet!!)

My diss is going slowly, need more lovely year 1 teachers to fill in the survey I posted on here.

I too feel it would be a great experience to work in two different year groups and to be one of the first to put some of the EYFS principles into practice in Year 1. Keep us posted how you get on, mrsW.x

Hello chocisgood.

I wasn't clear if you are supernumerary or if you will be 'the' main teacher for these classes (eg as in a job share?). If the former, and you will be supporting in those classes, gradually taking more and more of the teaching responsibility, then this should be fine, Id clear it with your mentor and DRB first but as you have to have experience in 2 phases anyway, this would be good for you.

On the other hand, if you are the only teacher in these classes at these times, then I think that's asking too much during your GTP year which will already be a lot of work for you.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)