Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Parent Questionnaire

I'm not sure about on here but I attended some training locally about linking the SEF to "2 stars and a wish". This was devised from some one else's plan for assessment - if you Google the phrase some stuff does come up. The trainer did comment that all our SEF work could stem from this including a child's and parent's questionnaire. I think the idea is that everyone assessing the setting names 2 things they like (the stars) and something they would like to see developed (the wish).

I think I might have mentioned this previously. It's something I came across in a school where I saw a teacher using it as a way of encouraging children to feed back on each other's work. The idea is that they give '3 stars' - 3 good points - and then a 'wish' - one constructive criticism, or way that they could improve next time round.

The idea might be to do similar with your staff - 3 stars to praise colleagues and 1 wish about what they'd like that person to improve.

HTH,

Sue.

Hi, a short while ago i remember reading something about a '3 stars and a wish' questionnaire. Really liked the idea, but now can't find the post.... any ideas?

It was a part of another thread on parent questionnaires - can't remember which I'm afraid, but the setting had asked parents to write 3 things good about the setting and one 'wish' for improvement - I think

Sounds like an interesting scheme! Something similar is the "Stop, Start Carry On" (bit like traffic lights). You say one thing the person needs to stop, something they need to start, and something you like which they should carry on.

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)