Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Planning

Hi there

I am expecting to be inspected in the Autumn term and just wanted to check my planning is at least similar to others. We currently have continous provison plans, medium term plans and weekly Lit and Num plans. Is this all I need? Too much?

XXX

Thanks for replying AlisonP

I am Year R in a Primary School. I have a large base that I share with another Year R teacher and she has 5 low year 1's.

XXXX

Thanks for replying AlisonP

I am Year R in a Primary School. I have a large base that I share with another Year R teacher and she has 5 low year 1's.

XXXX

Hi,

My first time on here but as I was inspected last October, thought I would share what planning I showed the ofsted inspector!

Had long term plan, continuous provision, medium term plan, and weekly plan. Didn't have literacy or numeracy plan at all. However, as the trend is now planning from the childs interests, I now brainstorm with the children what they would like to learn about. Then we take a vote, and I plan the following week, linking it to learning intentions. The topic runs for however long the children show interest. Then we brainstorm again. The children love it, and come up with lots of ideas, so saves time on thinking what to put into plan! I am going to make a display of the brainstorm and their ideas, and then some of the work that they do. Have seen it in another school and the children could tell me all about what they were learning about.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

Maggie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)