Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sons And Fathers....

Aarghh!!!! just feel like screaming.. does anyone else have problems with their 18 yr old son and there dad/my hubby... feel like i'm hitting my head against a brick wall... my son wants his dad to help him, his dad says no do it yourself.... usual stuff... feels that son is take, take take and never gives anything back.... now they both have attitude.. feel like piggy in the middle....spoke to hubby about being a role model etcc.... not working.... says he has given up with him at the moment until he loses the chip on his shoulder......son says if he had the money he would move out, i just want them to be friends and have a good relationship......... oh well off for tea and chocolate before i knock their heads together...

Aarghh!!!! just feel like screaming.. does anyone else have problems with their 18 yr old son and there dad/my hubby... feel like i'm hitting my head against a brick wall... my son wants his dad to help him, his dad says no do it yourself.... usual stuff... feels that son is take, take take and never gives anything back.... now they both have attitude.. feel like piggy in the middle....spoke to hubby about being a role model etcc.... not working.... says he has given up with him at the moment until he loses the chip on his shoulder......son says if he had the money he would move out, i just want them to be friends and have a good relationship......... oh well off for tea and chocolate before i knock their heads together...

I have same problem with my partner his daughter i just grim bare it, cause belive me she as got attitude problem the way she speaks to him if she'd been mine she would of had her face slap long time ago few ground rules .I have sons her age18, twins 19 ,23 12 belive me they would never dream talking like that to me alone never mind in front of him . But hey i expect all kids have there moments and clash with parents at sometime some more than others. All i can say enjoy the chocolate may tomorrow be better day .Oh yeah i,m moving in with him soon so i maybe leaving thread like this soon lol saying help.....................

Edited by bubblybee3107

Mine are 6 and 12 and I can see it starting.

Hubby has a very controlling mother and he finds it really hard to let the older one make her own decisions (and mistakes). He can't let them take any risks - even tries to tell them how to play on the climbing frame.

It is very hard because I sometimes try to intervene quietly to suggest that he should back off but he deliberately ignores me, I get cross and speak up and then the kids become aware of the difference of opinion. The 12 year old is starting to tell him where to go which is really out of character for her but I think she has just had enough of him interfering and I can't really blame her.

Really looking forward to the real teenage years. They will be over in 2023. OMG! Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

My 18 year old son seems to idolize his Dad, he's always trying to rugby tackle him when he least expects it which my son wins cos he's so strong (my husband isn't exactly a pushover, shall we say) yet my husband beat my son on an uphill bike sprint yesterday. All in good humour. My daughter and I tell them that we are not impressed by their displays.

It's me my son can't seem to have a civilized conversation with. If I ask him anything it's grunt, grunt. Yet he'll have a conversation with his Dad. Who breast fed him until he was 9 months old, hey!!!