Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Chrisrmas Circle Time

I thought I'd share an idea for circle time that worked really well for me this week. Short of time and inspiration, I picked a sprig of holly from my garden before leaving for work. At circle time I suddenly had an idea and asked the children (2-4 yr olds) to see if they could pass the holly all round the circle so carefully that no-one got pricked. They were fascinated by this, tried really hard and it led naturally into a discussion of when we must be gentle and careful. I'll definitely repeat this next year. Does anyone else have similar ideas?

That sounds great! I'll give it a try.

We passed a tambourine around without it making a noise once. Mind you they all wanted to use it to make lots of noise afterwards!

The most successful circle time I have done recently involved me whispering the name of an animal to one child (volunteers only) who had to pretend to be the animal and the others guessed what it was. Lots of fun laughter and good acting ensued!

Carolyn

Ours are hooked clapping their names out at the moment, and while sitting in the circle doing floor exercises,lying down and raising 1 leg then the other then both. I WILL have a flat stomach :D

We play - What am I? I show the children a picture and they give clues and the rest of the children have to guess, we have already spent a lot of time with me modelling this for them.

Not such a great plan - today I wrote the words 'Merry Christmas' on the whiteboard and talked about the letter sounds and what other christmas things we could come up with.

c the clue I gave was something we pull at christmas and it goes bang - they said fireworks

r the clue something that helps to pull santa's sleigh - they said a rabbit

when I explained that this thing was much bigger with a big red shiney nose - they said, wait for it, a clown

Do you sometimes feel that you are running in lead boots and getting nowhere fast ?????? :o:(xD

I will try something new tommorrow

Sue

Oh if it's a gem you're after...One of our mom's spoke to me a few days ago, she was telling me of the night before when her son was in the bath. 'Look mommy, I can f*** a duck, look I'm f***ing the ducks' Obvious horror from mom, who called her partner upstairs. The little boy, seemingly sensing his mom's distress said 'did I say it wrong? Oh yes I'm flicking the ducks' :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)