Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Headteacher Declaration (or Equivalent)?

Hiya,

This is my first year in YR and our first year using the eyeprofile as a school. My head has asked me if she needs to sign a declaration or anything (like they do for KS1 and KS2 sats) when we send the data off to county. I can't find any reference to this in the purple ARA document for 2009, just a date for final submission of points scores etc.

Any ideas welcome!

Thanks, Tracy :)

Guest LornaW

No there is no declaration but the HT does need to have gone through the profile before it is sent of to ensure s/he is aware of the results and is happy that they are a true record.

It will depend on what your LA wants. Some require the data to be signed off others don't. Whoever informs you about your data return will advise re this, or your LA moderation manager/assessment lead officer.

Quality assurance by your HT/SMT is strongly recommended

Cx

We've never had to do this before, but this year there is a form for head to sign to more or less validate scores. Asks questions about internal moderation within school, whether staff new to FS have had training, attendance at external moderation, whether scores are in line with expectations within the school ie KS1, whether there is consistency over years, awareness of FS by senior management ... can't think what else? As I say we've never been asked to do this before, but I suppose it's all to do with tracking and expected outcomes at the end of KS2!!

It's to do with the focus QCA have on ensuring EYFSP data is as accurate as it can be - all LAs have had input re this from the national conferences for assessment managers. It is important to quality assure the data and this is part of the way it will move forward. Some LAs are further along with this but they have to account for their QA systems in their planning forms annually.

Cx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)