Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Views Please

I realise this is a bit sad , but I was checking out the Ofsted website looking at recent reports any way I came across some complaints and one of them got me thinking (which is a bad think coz the cogs are a bit rusty!!!) one of them picked up on inaffective behaviour management (this was not the original complaint, but something they saw on their visit) now my problem is that I have a child who is fine all the time he can do what he likes and as soon as he is asked to do anything or to stop doing something, like throwing, then he laughs in your face, spits, blows raspberries etc we have tried everything that we have been trained to do and more. My concern if ofsted came in they would say we were not dealing with it regardless of whether we have been trying or not.

has this happened to anyone and if so what happened

Salm

I think there would be an expectation that you had done ABC observations to find out what his triggers are, had deployed some behaviour management tactics consistently and fairly across the whole staff team, talked with mum about whether he is like this at home, and obtained advice from other professionals about how you can manage the behaviour and if there is any underlying additional need causing this little chap's challenging behaviour.

I don't think Ofsted expect us to be experts in all situations, just that we recognise when children need extra support, and do our best to get it for them when necessary and work together to ensure the support is delivered effectively.

Try not to worry about Ofsted - if you concentrate on what help and support this child (and your team) needs to make things better I'm sure you'll be fine.

Maz

Hi - I have a very interesting lad at pre-school - early years have been involved and I have put into place strategies to deal with him - when we had our ofsted inspection - I spoke directly to the inspector and said that "you will notice some behaviour issues with this little lad and particular strategies which I have put into place & I am working on" I then went on to say that he was a really lovely little boy, but found transition very difficult - the outcome from the inspector on behaviour was brilliant - she said because I had spoken to her first and not just looked at difficulties but on positives as well - as far as she could see I had highlighted problems and I had gained advice and I strategies were in place. I think you must stop worring and think how great you are by doing all that you have already done - I am sure any inspector would be pleaed with all you have done.

Have a lovely weekend Dot

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)