Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nvq 3 Ccld 303 Knowledge And Understanding Questions

Hi any one out there doing unit 303 promote children's development how do you find the questions what have you manage to do and find out

I don't do NVQ-speak so I can't help I'm afraid but I wanted to welcome you to the Forum! Someone will be along in a moment with words of advice, I'm sure.

In the meantime, if you dlick on 'resources' to the left of the screen there is a section on NVQ resources - you might find something of interest there!

Maz

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I did my NVQ over a year a go so terminology wise I am a bit rusty.

Have you got all the paperwork that came with your NVQ in there, there should be a list of things they will be looking for they will have numbers beside them. the exact term escapes me but i thing it is knowledge evidence.

I covered some of this unit by observing children and then working out what i had to do to promote their development, like we do with possible next steps.

Hi any one out there doing unit 303 promote children's development how do you find the questions what have you manage to do and find out

Hi margaretmarian!!

Am nearly finished my level 3. If you go to your unit assessment record you will see all your core skills performance criteria and knowledge requirements.

For the written work, the questions were based on the knowledge points given at the start of each chapter in the level 3 book by Tassoni, Bulman and Beith e.g. unit 303 areas and theories of child development (K3D210, K3D212, K3D213).

It all depends on how you are doing your level 3. Do you attend college every week and have access to tutors? my tutors set the questions for us and anything in each unit that they did not cover was covered by the assessor by means of professional discussions and visits to my setting.

Others I know that are completing it, only attended college once a month.

If you can give me a better idea of what K number you need help with, I might have an answer for you. 303 is a big unit and a lot of my performance criteria was covered by the assessor.

Sorry if this isnt much help!!

Hi there, welcome to the forum.

I'd say it really depends on who you're doing the NVQ with.

If you know you're definately supposed to be doing a written piece on each knowledge point then you'll find them in the CACHE CCLD pack you got given with all of the units?

But it might be work double checking with your assessor, because it really does differ HUGELY! from place to place. I know My college has done it totoally different to another local college.

Good luck with the NVQ! :o

Hi thanks for your help the question that i am stuck on is K3M210 which is about how current theories of play can inform practice. Also K3D214 the children develop at widely different rates but in broadly the same sequence have you got any suggestions to help me out

Hi thanks for your help the question that i am stuck on is K3M210 which is about how current theories of play can inform practice. Also K3D214 the children develop at widely different rates but in broadly the same sequence have you got any suggestions to help me out

K3M210 - Try Maria Montessori, Vygotsky and Piaget. They're the three I used. Just write a bit about what their theory was as how you encorporate this into your practice.

K3D214 - I just basically elaborated what the KE says.. I wrote about how children develop in pretty much the same sequence, although some children may miss out "steps" especially children with SEN who are said to "dance around the ladder" or something like that, but they all take their time and may do one thing really "early" and some other things not until very late.

CCLD NVQ3 book - I would really recommend this textbook if you don't have it, I used it to do pretty much my whole NVQ!

especially children with SEN who are said to "dance around the ladder" or something like that, but they all take their time and may do one thing really "early" and some other things not until very late.

Perhaps you can enlighten us about this 'dancing around the ladder' at our next staff meeting, MrsWeasley? :o

Perhaps you can enlighten us about this 'dancing around the ladder' at our next staff meeting, MrsWeasley? :(

Won't health and safety have something to say about children "dancing around the ladder"??? xD:(

Have you done a risk assessment for this?? :wacko:

How many staff does it take to support this activity?? :o:(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)