Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Dcsf Consultation

Hi all, Got this info today from "Children & Young People" daily bulletin email.

quote:

Government consulting on free childcare delivery

By Ross Watson

Children & Young People Now

15 May 2009

The Department for Children, Schools and Families is consulting parents and the early years sector on how the free childcare entitlement for three and four year-olds should be delivered.

In a discussion paper the government sets out its vision for a more flexible free entitlement, based on the findings of pilot authorities.

It also poses a number of questions in a bid to explore the best way to meet parental demand for free and flexible childcare, without compromising providers' capacity to deliver. Parents, providers and members of the early years sector have until July 6 to respond to the consultation. Responses will be used to inform a Code of Practice for all authorities on how the free entitlement should be delivered.

Attached, consultation questions and further info, below link to DFSC where you can find the consultation for e- response.

closing date: 6th July

DCSF E-CONSULTATIONS

I haven't read through it yet, Have any of you been part of the pilot schemes? I wonder how they will get parents views?

What do you think?

Peggy

Code_of_Practice___consultation_discussion_document.doc

Thats interesting Peggy, I've just read in the 'Next steps for Early learning and childcare'..."We will strengthen the role of local government in managing the market by...'exploring the principles and practicalities of linking funding for the free entitlement more closely to the impact individual providers make to childrens outcomes in the future'."

The rest of the document read like a party political broadcast, it was on the Every child matters web site

undefinedNext steps for early learning and childcare

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)