Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Vocabulary Used

hi is there anyone out there who could recommend any books that will help me have a better understanding of what sort of questions to ask children in a focused activities .it may seem odd but getting my self in a tiz and my mind is going blank.

Specific questions can only be given for specific activities and would also depend on what the focus of the particular activity was. What you need to be doing though is asking a variety of open ended questions - questions that require more than a yes or no type answer.

What will happen?

Why did it happen?

How can we .........?

Where would you.......?

Tell me about.......?

How did you.......?

What is similar/different?

Think about getting the children to describe, predict and problem solve. :o

Sorry I am not sure that I can help I just wanted to walcome you to the forum. What sort of activities is it for?

thankyou for your welcome

all activities really and when obseving children in order to achieve statements from within efys

only just started at placement and wanted to do things proper if that makes sense

Specific questions can only be given for specific activities and would also depend on what the focus of the particular activity was. What you need to be doing though is asking a variety of open ended questions - questions that require more than a yes or no type answer.

What will happen?

Why did it happen?

How can we .........?

Where would you.......?

Tell me about.......?

How did you.......?

What is similar/different?

Think about getting the children to describe, predict and problem solve. :o

hi is there anyone out there who could recommend any books that will help me have a better understanding of what sort of questions to ask children in a focused activities .it may seem odd but getting my self in a tiz and my mind is going blank.

As well as the open questions like How do you know and how can we etc.. I have found tell me more about .. really stimulates some fantastic conversations particularly when story telling

g

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)