Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Real Bears

Hi all

our topic this term is bears. So far we have done goldilocks and bear hunt. Next week we are moving onto real bears and looking at non-fiction texts. However i am really struggling for a PSE,KUOW and literacy focus activty

Any ideas????????

hi,

how about writing a whole class information book about bears, you could write sententences, captions, labels and did you know? questions - lots of writing for a varity of purposes for cll.

KUW - you could try and keep teddy dry from the rain by testing lots of materials to see if they are suitable then construct hima shelter using the app' material?

just a thought or 2 - not so sure about psed - always a tricky one to think of specific activities for in my mind. hope this helps.

frozen teddy bear is a great KUW idea i pinch from someone on here...best to do a search

PSED, could you use a story such as 'are you there bear?' or lonely bear (sorry i can't remember the title ATM! and link it to PSED?

compare bears would be good for PSRN/MD, teddy bears picnic, weighing measuring each others bears and compring the results in a graph etc.

sorry just a couple of ideas for now, i'm sure someone else will come along with some inspiration (and your kids will probably too) x

When we did bears we did hot bears (brown bears, pandas) cold bears (polar bears) story bears (goldilock, rupert, Pooh etc)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)