Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Interactive Whiteboards

We are in the fortunate position of equipping a new school building with interactive whiteboards. We have visited local schools using both smartboard and promethean. The head and junior classes prefer one and the infants the other!! Which are people using? Why?

Thank you :o

Guest Sycamore

I have the smartboard in my classroom and they even imstalled it at a low enough level for all my reception class to be able to reach without the need for steps etc.

Pleased with it.

I use promethian with active primary software. The children love it. We had a problem with the people who installed our boards as they first of all installed them all at a standard height which none of the children could reach. We had to really persist to get it lowered and it is perfect now.

HI there

we've tried promethean but went with smartboards... so much easier and teacher and child friendly. The pens that come with smartboard are like chunky markers whereas the promethean pens are long and thin and have a mouse button at the side which our children kept pressing by accident (well you would wouldn't you when they are placed on the barrel of the pen!)

Smart boards notebook is easy to use and my reception are familiar with a few features on it now. We use 2simple for lots of things like publishing/graphs/ etc. there is a handwriting one that we have just ordered and if the 2simple is anything to go by it should be brill

hope this helps

We use promethean in the Juniors and Smart in the FS and KS1. The Smart boards are easier for the children to use as they can use their fingers to drag and drop and differenct coloured "pens" to write with. We use easyteach to make resources and various other software.

My only experience is limited but it is with "Smartboards" so cant help much but the more permanently fixed it can be the better as reorientation is a pain!

Also think about the projector position. I had great difficulty using ours on one occasion because the children were blocking the projector because of its location!

Little children do not always stay were you think they will!! :D

Welcome to the new members here that I have not welcomed in before. Have fun. :o

we have just acquired the promethean whiteboard in our reception class with (active primary software) I have found it great and its really child friendl, the children are able to use it quite independently. There is quite a lot of support and flip charts being uploaded on to the web. promethean have their own website with stuff on and also the lighthouse for education website has some good stuff

:o

• 10 months later...

We have Clevertouch boards which are recommended for infants and Smartboards for Juniors.

I love my Clevertouch which runs Lynx software which is ok but a bit complex.

In Derbyshire all boards have to be set at standard height with a compulsory step fitted which can be stored away folded.

No problems with any of this and love the fact that we have them.

I have an interactive register on Textease where children drag names across to the 'I am here' side each morning!

angela

We have just had Promethean boards fitted at school - and so far the children are managing to use it better than most of the teachers in our school!!!!

I love it - seems to be so much that i am going to be able to do with it!

Sarah

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)