Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Re-designing Interior Of Pre-school

Hi, I am new to this so please be patient with me.

We are in the process of re-furbishing our pre-school and have got to the point where we need to decide what furniture etc that we need. We have lots of catalogues at our disposal with lots of lovely ideas in them. But I was wondering if anybody knows of a web site maybe? that could help us in our design to get the right equipment needed and help us with the general layout of the pre-school. We are keen to have seperate areas for constuction, role-play etc. Any help/advise would be appreciated .

Bev

Welcome to the Forum, beverleyj!

I'm soooo envious! I know that Community Playthings offers a planning service - would your budget stretch to lots of lovely Community Playthings furniture? That's what I'd go for if (1) I had the money and (2) I didn't have to pack it away every day!

That might not be that helpful I know, but perhaps someone has experience of using such a service and will be able to recommend a good company.

Maz

I am not getting commision honestly!! We are undergoing a refurb as well. I have bought a lot of community play things and also have asked the architect to use communication friendly spaces to influence his design. I think it is definetly worth a look as not all of the ideas are expensive.

http://www.elizabethjarmanltd.co.uk/cfs.php

Community playthings is definately the way to go.............................and we DO have to pack away at this time of year, as we share the building.But, all furniture is on lovely easy glide castors and the tables pack flat as the legs come off, so it's not too difficult, honestly!

We moved to a new building and kitted our setting out entirely in community playthings - they were great; very helpful, supportive etc, but then they did get £17,000 out of us (payment up front!)

Very much worth it although there are one or 2 things I'd have not bothered with in hindsight.

Feel free to ask what they were beverlyj, and welcome from me too!

Sam

over the last 3 or 4 years I have bought stuff from galt/hope and wouldnt recomend it the furniture has all warped casters fallen off and stuff it pays to invest in quality I am in the process of replacing things one piece at a time as I can afford them

it the money is there Id agree with community playthings

Try a new company ' Designs for Education' it is based in Oldham and is run by two really experienced ladies with good quality stuff.

Try a new company ' Designs for Education' it is based in Oldham and is run by two really experienced ladies with good quality stuff.

Following on from Wendles post, just been on some training on Communication Friendly Spaces. Some lovely ideas on colours, lighting, furniture, natural materials, dens etc. Sorry I don't know how to do a link - perhaps someone can help me but the following clip is worth looking at:

www.teachers.tv/video/17831

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)