Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted Did Talk To Me..... But It Was An Effort For The Poor Chap!

Just browsing my Playgroup on the Ofsted website and realised the contact number was incorrect so just phoned them to amend it and.............

I spoke to the most dullest, 'I haven't got a clue what I'm doing and am sooo bored' sounding young man. Goodness knows how he'd react if it was a complaint. I ended the call with a big sigh and a chuckle - thought it was suppose to be an official professional organisation? :o

He was probably looking at the sunshine and wishing he wasn't attending to telephone calls all afternoon.

xD

(hope he did change my number correctly!)

ppp

I ended the call with a big sigh and a chuckle - thought it was suppose to be an official professional organisation? :o

I wonder if Ofsted have an online forum where their employees can to to chew the fat after a hard day at work? Can you imagine your young man posting a thread this evening saying "do you know someone actually rang me up today to ask me to change their phone number on the website? I mean how bad is that? The sun is shining outside and I have to spend it in here being nice to people when I really want to be outside with an ice cream. Honestly, what's the world coming to - anyone would think my sould purpose in life is to make things better for the clients!"

xD

Maz

:o

I've often moaned about Ofsted (haven't we all!) but I've phoned them twice in the last month to ask them to record my concerns about a child and the man I spoke to was fantastic! Helpful, understanding and supportive.

I rang back today to update them on the situation and spoke to the same man again.

He'd told me to ask for him, I did, was put straight through and he remembered my previous call!

He said how pleased he was to hear from me as he'd wondered how things were working out!

I gave him the update and he was SO kind, told me he'd make sure this was all documented on their system and offered his opinion that I sounded far less stressed and worried than I had when we'd previously spoken and how pleased he was that I'd dealt with matters as I had.

He then thanked me for "going the extra mile" for this child which left me with a lump in my throat!

Just goes to show they have some great staff there, too!

Nona

Edited by Guest

The other day I had reason to notify Ofsted about a child who had a notifiable illness, it took two calls, before the relevant person was available, so I expected to be asked for the full details inline with the EYFS statutory requirements, but no,the relevant person was a young man who said that I needed to consult Riddor and notify the HSE Why? I was reporting a case of measles. The following week a staff member had a case of mumps, that apperently doesn't need to be reported unless the children are involved.

However we have been advised that all staff under 25 should have a booster for the MMR, but that seems vary from GP to GP Can anyone advise?

Have a great weekend. :o .

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)