Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Summer Sef Brigade!

sunnyday

Sef summer holiday club, is just what I need, so count me in. We have been gathering evidence for several months now and have a hard draft copy. Recent changes we have made are; splitting the operational plan into five seperate files, which is much more manageable, we now bring one file to planning each week and reflect on the contents, such as things we need to amend, add etc, this week the Staying Safe file came to planning with us, as a team we reflected on the need to risk assess individual activities, for example, when the children access the hammer boards, the small pins always manage to work there way into the children's shoes, last week a parent approached and said it wasnt until teatime that she noticed her child limping, the culprit was a small pin from the hammer boards, so we have now purchased a small index card box file and risk assess each activity as we go along. Another change was in response to new legislation about receipts being kept for all food that the children consume, so if there is a case of food poising the point of sale can be traced, we also had to inform parents that we could no longer accept home made fairy cakes (that used to be brought in by parents on children's birthdays) because of the new legislation, we are able to accept shop bought cakes, with the receipt.

Sorry for the long ramble, just wanted to share how we are reflecting on our practice on a weekly basis and implementing changes. For instance this week we had an in house training day about Sustained Shared Thinking etc...I'll stop now before I go off again

Claire x (a fully fledged Sef summer holiday member)

Claire - great to have you aboard!!!

Your post was really interesting - I need to address the 'fairy cakes' issue - honestly my 'to do' list is becoming unmanageable!!!(Maybe I should spend less time having fun on here and get round to doing some work!)

Sunnyday