Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Scottish Vocational Qualifications Help

Good afternoon everyone

Does anyone know how I can check what SCOTVEC (scottish vocational education council) qualifications are equivalent to with regard to the EYFS?

I have been on the cwdc website and there is nothing on there, so gave them a ring and they directed me to the Naric website. From what I can gather, they want money to give this information and at £235 for a quick turnaround, this I feel, is a bit excessive.

The actual qualification I am concerned with is the National Certificate Level III in Child Care and (its either development or education).

We have had someone apply for a job and are just trying to find out if this is equivalent to an English NVQ Level 3.

Many thanks in advance.

I would preesume that it is as I qualified with an SNNEB many moons ago which was on a par with its english counterpart. (NNEB) HOwever, I understand that no presumtions can be made, Sorry, hope someone more helpful than me comes along

I'm with wendles no assumptions can be made however when you see books about childcare they often say NVQ 3/SVQ 3. There are lots of people on here I'm someone will come along soon and tell us if we are right.

samfrostie :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)