Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Little Red Hen

Has anyone got any inspirational ideas to link with the little red hen for a reception class. I also intend to do a display on the story - any wonderful ideas???

I have an LEA person coming in on Thursday to do a numeracy obs & would like to get my display up and finished!!

Thanks

Circle time about sharong. Make bread or saltdough loaves. Make the characters for the wall. We made a big hen with handprints for the feathers. Looked at the ingredients to make the bread. Watched `Come Outside` linked to making bread. That`s all I can think of on sunday night!!

I'm just in the middle of looking for something for else and saw this ........

www.first-school.ws/activities/crafts/animals/birds/hen.htm - if you can't get in with that link, you should be able to find it on the main page. Hope it helps!

janice :o

What about sequencing - plant the wheat, water the wheat, cut the wheat, mill the grain, bake the bread, eat the bread, I'm sure you can get pictures from google or clip art.

Sorting farm animals into sets - two legs / four legs. more able can calculate total number of legs in each set.

I did this last spring and have tried to attach my planning for the week which might give you some ideas. I don't think it says on the planning but we had corn in the sensory tray which halfway through the week, we popped and then had popcorn for the rest of the week. ( i know its wheat but corn was near enough and good fun!)

Ali

red_hen_planning.doc

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)