Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

P.e Time For Nursery!

I work in a primary school as a nursery teacher and have 2 slots (pprox 1/2 hour) for P.E each week! The children love this time, but I am finding that I am doing the same old thing each week- any great ideas for PE time for 3-4 year olds!!!

Thanks a lot :D

I work in a primary school as a nursery teacher and have 2 slots (pprox 1/2 hour) for P.E each week! The children love this time, but I am finding that I am doing the same old thing each week- any great ideas for PE time for 3-4 year olds!!!

Thanks a lot :D

Hi D

during our autumn term we use action songs and rhymes, then use the 'TOP START' programme from the Youth Sports Trust. They recommend that you get training from your LEA before using the programme, but it is easy to use and flexible once you have it. We use it across the whole of the foundation stage. Most activites are fun and short enough to maintain interest in the nursery, although we find we have to repeat most of them to develop the skills. There are warm up, and cool down activites as well as the main ones covering basic motor skills, spatial awareness, co-ordination and control and aiming/predicting/estimating.

Hope this helps

Raine :o

Hi Amy

Have you seen the Sticky Kids tapes? They are great and our children really enjoy them. We also use the Action Kids book and CD which are available from Val Sabin publications. It is quite expensive but has lots of ideas warm ups and cool downs, spatial awareness, travelling, rolling and kicking, body parts and shape awareness and dance to name a few.

Our other favourites are the books and CDs from Kids music. The website can be found here. We have Feeling the Beat and Swing Thing and they are great fun.

Linda

Hi Raine,

I really recommend "Action Kids"; teachers' book and CD. It is absolutely full of ideas for PE/Dance activities (500+, I think) . Pretty expensive at around £50, but I felt it was money well spent. :)

Published by Val Sabin Publications (01604 580974)

www.valsabinpublications.com

Hi Amy

Have you seen the Sticky Kids tapes? They are great and our children really enjoy them. We also use the Action Kids book and CD which are available from Val Sabin publications. It is quite expensive but has lots of ideas warm ups and cool downs, spatial awareness, travelling, rolling and kicking, body parts and shape awareness and dance to name a few.

Our other favourites are the books and CDs from Kids music. The website can be found here. We have Feeling the Beat and Swing Thing and they are great fun.

Linda

Hi. Do you know where I can get hold of the Sticky Kids tape? We used it in a previous nursery and I have to admit I was a big fan. Reckon my Seahorses would love it. :D

Hi Raine. Welcome from one new user to another. Everyone will be telling you how addictive this site is.. Well all I can say to that is listen to them as they are right. :D

Have just spent 6 hours on Sunday, followed by 6 hours next sunday, working towards practitioner status on the Action Kids Programme. I went into it thinking here we go again, but after having spent the day looking at evidence and trying out activities for myself (I apparently have bum muscles I never knew I had) I can see the obvious benefits.

Encourage anyone to go and try the activities themselves, get down to their level.

Jan

Birthday was great thatnks for asking!!!!!

(Ooops, look at the speeling I still seem to be getting over it!!)

As usual I got the mandatory Christmas decoration from my little sis!!! This year it is a Glass Santa pair of earrings and a matching necklace, as corny as it sounds the kids will love me when I start to waer it!!

AS for the avatar, I'm still not happy with it, but oh boy what a lot of choice there is out there!!!!

By the way, I have muscles in my bum that I didn't know exsisted after 6 hours action kids last week, just think how good it will look when I implement the sessions on a daily basis!!!!!!

Jan

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)