Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Squeezing

Hi All

I was just wandering if anyone has any ideas to do with squeezing? I'm doing my PGCE in Early Years and the nursery I am in plans from the childrens interests and durin the last week the children talked to me about squeezing wet compost and seeing the water come out. This was led from another activity where we squeezed fruit.

My mentor has already suggested a tuff spot with paste and shredded paper but I would really like some other suggestions. This would be really useful, if anyone could help, I would really appreciate it.

Cheers Rani

:)

make an avtivity of cleaning using cleaning cloths. Thery can then queeze the water out and clean the windows or anywhere else. What about sponge balls in the water? can't think of anything else

leave the chidlren- :o that's one activity i'm alwsy invloved with and i love it the feeling of the cornflower changing texture in oozing out between your fingers- xD MMMMM must plan to do have cornflour in the nursery in the near future.

We use shaving foam which works something the same as the cornflour idea. When they get a handful and squeeze it all squidges through their fingers. Lovely!!

Linda

cornflour is brilliant for squeezing. With the right consistency it will be runny if you pour it or let it trickle through your fingers, but will become solid if you squeeze it or hit it. You can roll it in to balls and throw it, squeeze it, pour it and even snip it with scissors. If your really brave you can make a bowl/paddling pool full and jump up and down on the surface, or stand still and sink in. With encouragement childrn will make up the most wonderful words to describe it.

I'm not feeling particularly inspired this morning (one glass of wine too many last night :o:(xD ).

How about different squeezy bottles with water. There's also those syringe type things with the bulbs on which you can squeeze. Painting and then spraying water over the top. Using garlic crushers and potato mashers with playdough. Popping bubble wrap?? Now I really am getting desperate and my brain hurts - excuse me whilst I go and lie down in a darkened room..................... :(:(

Have fun Rani! :)

How about blowing up some elongate balloons just a little and tying the ends. What happens when the children squeeze one end? What's inside? etc etc

Hi Everyone

Those are some really great ideas - am going to run some of them by my mentor xD The cornflour sounds like fun so I hope she agrees to that one :D

Thanx :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)