Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Visualisers

nickynooblue

we have them in year 1 and 2. They mainly use them for writing- showing examples of writing and then pointing out key features e.g has this person used capitals? full stops, this is a good piece of work because this chils has used wow words or adjectives etc

I know they have been used for other areas of the currciulum history, numeracy and they are well used as an instant 'replay' of a child's work. We attended Shirley Clark's assessment for learning course and she used them for setting success criteria.

Hope this helps

My reception class were enthralled watching our caterpillars eating cabbage leaves! (They were later returned to the garden, quite happy and still munching!)

I don't really know how to describe it!! it attaches to the whiteboard via the computer - you can put anything under the camera and it enlarges it - great for KUW when you are hunting for mini beasts. My cluster are part of a pilot scheme raising awareness of it and documenting ways in which it has been used creatively in Year R. It is supposed to be child friendly and accessible to all the children where they can take films, pictures etc - it has a flexible indestructable arm and it does do lots of very clever stuff - allegedly! They are not cheap at about £500 but in my LEA they are trying to get at least one into every school with the hope that eventually there will be one in every classroom. I think you can find out more from ELMO - the company that makes them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)