Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Dora The Explorer

Hi all

Next week I am planning to indulge my class and do a mini topic on Dora the Explorer, I have a few ideas but am in need of some more. So far I have thought of....

Making our own back packs.

Map reading around the school

A treasure hunt

Making our own maps.

Making sandwiches for our adventure - going on an adventure and having a picnic.

Any more?

Hi all

Next week I am planning to indulge my class and do a mini topic on Dora the Explorer, I have a few ideas but am in need of some more. So far I have thought of....

Making our own back packs.

Map reading around the school

A treasure hunt

Making our own maps.

Making sandwiches for our adventure - going on an adventure and having a picnic.

Any more?

How about learning some Spanish words??

Capitalising o the children's interests we bought the Dora comic when it came out............ well 5 of them with the free doll, and have ought a couple more comics since, that had outfits.

We numbered the Dora's and played all types of games including making houses and matching the number on Dora to the door number etc.

The children also "wrote" letters to Dora and we put these up in the little area we called Dora's Den!

How about hot seating swiper(yourself in role at first, with TA questioning).; "Why do you take other peoples things?" etc.

Write a letter to swiper.

loved the speaking spanish idea - learn about Dora's country / food etc and taste food.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)