Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Malleable Area

Hi

I have my malleable area set up with basic provision which is generally things that are to be used with play-dough type materials e.g. cutters, rolling pins, dough knives etc

I want to put other malleable things on the malleable table e.g. cooked spagetti, shaving foam etc. Should I just leave the basic resources available for use with all malleable materials or should I take these things away? Or is it better to have a table which always has play-dough and have the tuff-spot tray elsewhere with other malleable materials with their own resources?

Thanks

Green Hippo xx

we always have play dough or clay available on one table - we provide things like gloop, cooked spaghetti, shaving foam etc either on another table or in tuff spot - we vary the resources with these - a great one is cars with the foam to make tracks or old combs etc to make marks.

i think you then judge by childs interest as to whether you want both of these - could be you take dough away for period of time.

Would definately keep playdough out every day then add a 'messy' activity as previously mentioned. I find that not all

children are happy to get sticky/wet hands so playdough is a safer option for them. Our two year olds spend most of

their time at the playdough table and would be lost without it :o

dottyp

We have a malleable table out every day and a tactile table next to it. On the tactile table we have things like; ready brek and small vehicles (the kids think its snow), a froggy bog, we are currently following the lifecycle of frogs, so we had really wet compost, leaves, rocks and plastic frogs and lots of logs, we also have things like feathers and scales, which is really interesting to see the children attempting to balance the scales with feathers!, we also have different textured materials etc.

Claire x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)