Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help Please!

I hope I've put this in the right place :o

Hi everyone...

I have a job interview on Monday in a school. As part of the interview process I need to read a story to a small group of Year 1 children. I'm fine with the storytelling but would like you lovely people to suggest some good books about 'CATS'. (That's the theme in year 1 at the moment) All I can think of is 'Puss in Boots', my mind is blank. It could be because I'm preparing for three interviews and trying to write my literature review before Wednesday. Please, please could you suggest some books...I want to make the session as multi-sensory as possible.

Thanks

xD

6 dinner Sid

hairy mclary's

The whisperer - this is great about 2 cats from different gangs, that fall in love and have kittens.

hope that helps - I'm sure others will be along more

Mmmm...

Stories

Six dinner sid

Mog the forgetful cat

The Lighthouse keepers lunch

Poems

Any of CATS poems (TS Eliot)

Cat's sleep anywhere (poem)

Pussy cat pussy cat where have you been (great for positional language and shared writing / changing the 'positionals')

May think of more later

good luck

pw

all of these easily lend themselves to follow up work which you could talk about during the interview(if you don't have to do it in the lesson)

Hi

Good luck with the interviews - I love 6 dinner sid, there is so much you can talk about here.

Sid is a greedy cat who lives at 6 different houses in one street, where he has 6 dinners but also 6 personalities. He becomes poorly and has to visit the vets on,y to be found out!!

Hope this helps

Nat74

'My cat likes to hide in boxes' is a favourite. Lots of rhyming sentences. I usually start the book by having a 'My' toy cat in a box and introduce the cat then tell his story.On the punch line which the children join in 'But my cat likes to hide in boxes!' he pops out again before going back in the box. Naughty cat!

as an extention show/display a selection of boxes-jewellery, cereal, match, washing powder

Edited by Guest

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)