Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Feelings/helpful Trees

Hi there,

I have been thinking about using some kind of feelings tree and/or one where a child's name is added when they do something kind/helpful with a reward system at the end of the week/term.

These have been mentioned before but I am having trouble finding anything on here.

Ideally, I would like to use a real branch for the tree at the children's level where they can add the 'leaves' themselves.

Does anyone have any ideas or pictures that I can see and whether these have worked well in your settings please?

:o

Ours is an 'I'm special tree' It's nice twiggy branch planted in a pot of old plasticene. We keep a pile of ready cut leaves by the self registration. Parents write a leaf for any achievements or wow moments from home and we add during the morning. All the new leaves are read out at circle time and the child hangs it on the tree. (we keep a note of who's had leaves and make sure everyone gets one every now and then). When the tree gets a bit crowded we take all the leaves off and start again. Completed leaves go in the learning diaries.

We haven't done this for long but its working really well.

Wellerkaren - thanks I'll have a look on there.

Whitetree - fantastic idea! May incorporate something like this so parents can be involved as well - thanks

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)