Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Outdoor Play Training

I am looking for some inspiration please :o

I am delivering some training in May called The Learning Environemt Indoors and Out and for the outdoor section I will be taking all the delegates outside to do some practical activities.

What I was wondering was whether any of you had been on some really good Outdoor Learning training and whether you have had to do any practical activities that you found really useful and could adapt them back at your settings.

Thanks for your help in advance!!!

Hi swansea, the easiest is gardening and planting. Maths and CLL are great outdoors, reading lables, symbols of seed packets, measuring how deep and how far apart to plant bulbs. Recording the growth. Caring for the environment, KUW for change. The gardens really the best place for all learning.

Hi - I went on a outdoors learning workshop - although we did not do any practial activities, the lady who ran it was wonderful she mainly focused on settings which have to clear up each day and can not leave resources outside because of shared use - the sort of things we have for outside area are washing airers with pictures and words which can easily be opened up and set up each day -she also spoke about not duplicating areas of learning ie if we have our role play outside - do not think you have to have role play inside - generally looking at our whole learning environment as one. Good luck with your workshop - wish I could come Dot :o

We have an open ended prop box...mop head, tubes, funnels, shiny scourer pads, tarpaulin, milk crate, tyres, wooden pallete. See how they can use their imagination to create a psaceship, bus, boat etc. Our children love it and get so much out of it! Its really great!

Vicki