Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Book Day 5th March

Our children have been invited to come in dressed as a character from their favourite book.

They have been asked to bring the book in, if they have it, and I plan to spend some of the day snuggled under duvets and covers, reading books and eating biscuits.

Not sure what the children are going to do :o

jackie.

Guest Wolfie

That's really made me laugh! Have you looked on the World Book Day website for ideas? I looked briefly at the Early Years downloadable resources but was disappointed to see that they were mostly colouring in sheets! I did however, find a nice "Tips for Parents" sheet that I have printed off and stapled together with the token to give out to every family....

http://www.literacytrust.org.uk/talktoyour...haringBooks.pdf

I've just used pages 4 and 5 of this printout.

To my horror (I hid it well) the adults have to dress up as well!

I'm not good at fancy dress - I'll be going as the old lady in "Drat that fat cat"

If the cap fits.... :o

Have you looked on the World Book Day website for ideas? I looked briefly at the Early Years downloadable resources but was disappointed to see that they were mostly colouring in sheets!

Me too Wolfie - I really would have thought that they would know better! :(

However, I did quite like the Emily Brown resources - basically a frame on which children can draw Emily and Stanley on their latest adventures, or alternatively their most precious thing that they would never ever give up in a million years! I printed off several since "This rabbit belongs to Emily Brown" is one of our favourite books at the moment. xD

Am loving your idea about the leaflet to go out with their token - just need to find the safe place I've stashed the tokens in and now I'm off to the website to look for the leaflet :o

Maz

Edited by HappyMaz

We haven't received any tokens in school this year, do you have to register for them? Have I overlooked something as new Literacy Coordinator?

Well I didn't re-register again this year but my tokens turned up so I was lucky! Phew...

Maz

PS The home page of the World Book Day says "Pre-schools and Secondary Schools in the UK need to register to receive support material including the World Book Day £1 Book Tokens. UK Primary Schools and all Irish Schools on the DES database will automatically receive material." Have you checked to see your materials are sitting in a desk drawer somewhere, Susan? :o

Edited by HappyMaz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)