Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Boys Writing

Hi

I am looking to turn my writing area into something spectacular that will encourage the boys to mark make. My topic at the moment is change and growth and we only started it yesterday so would like to link it around that if possible. Has anyone got any suggestions please any would help.

thanks

kate

Hi

I am looking to turn my writing area into something spectacular that will encourage the boys to mark make. My topic at the moment is change and growth and we only started it yesterday so would like to link it around that if possible. Has anyone got any suggestions please any would help.

thanks

kate

Hi - not linked to change & growth - but i saw a good idea on the sparklebox photo gallery - where someone had turned their area into a pirate writing ship ! Hope this helps in some way!

Well if you get any ideas please pass them on!!

I set up our 'mark making' table today with pens,pencils,felts, colured pencils and wax crayons and loads of diferent paper pads & books, plus envelopes. Kept my eye on it all morning, saw only a couple of boys using it. The gitrls love it, the only time we can guarantee the boys will use the pencils is when we place large sheets of paper on the floor, even then some never wish to go near it. Sometimes we cover a table with paper, place a few bits from a mini world on there and they draw roads and tracks etc. Sorry not much help am I!

Change where you write, what you use - to link with theme - I stick large sheets of paper under the table and they lie on their backs to write with large pens. Also do magic writing using candles painted over with paint to reveal the magic writing - can use lemon juice too.

Writing magic spells on a wizard hat shape / cauldron to change them into whatever they are interested in is a good one - can also be a good link wiith showing how they use letters and sounds skills and knowledge if they are encouraged to write vc or cvc named items - f-r-o-g-s l-e-g.

I have a class full of real 'sticker junkies' this year - what they'll write for a shiny sticker! Good Luck!, Jenni

Hi Spiderman is a great hit with our boys at the moment - could you add this and then extend on to the growth of minibeasts and use marks to create spider webs etc................................

some brilliant ideas here....definately like the thought of spiderman a few of the boys have actually mentioned this before half term so would definately look to linking this in. Loving the candle idea as well would probably use the lemon juice for convienience and so the children can be left on their own.

thanks

:o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)