Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

On Entry Assessment

I try to do an assessment on the children after 6 weeks of starting nursery not a formal one just to see what stage they are at. I am trying to change it and wonderd if anyone who does this also has one I could have a look at please. I would be grateful thank you

killowengirl

We are just starting to use the Development Matters statements for tracking - not looking for evidence of every single one but referring to them after several observations of the child in different situations, at different times of the day, inside and outside, etc.etc to give us some indication of age and stage across the six areas.

Yes we do, we've used the sheets that Helen put in the Resource Library and adapted them slightly to give us room to cross reference to our observations.

We use a pink highlighter for "on entry", then orange for all the observations whilst they are with us and green for transition to next setting.

Edited by Wolfie

thank you how do I find that, do I look for Helens name and see what she has posted thank you or could I have a look at yours if poss

killowengirl

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)