Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Old And New Toys

hi, we are doing the topic of toys this half term and i want to include some old and new toys for simple history.

does anyone know where i can find some simple pictures of old and new toys for the children to sort and stick into their diaries.

thanks in advance

caroline

have you tried contacting the museum of childhood in Bethanl Green, London. They well might have a catalogue or museum shop that stocks toys. There are also working museums like the Black Country Museum in Dudley; Ironbridge in Staffordshire or the museum near Chester le Street in County Durham (name escapes me; something begining with B :o )

Don't forget that the toys we played with when we were young count, sadly, as history; rubik cubes, clackers, (watch your knuckles);Pipa (remember her!!) french skipping ropes, two balls against the wall (oh the days xD ); car boot sales are often a good source for these more modern things.

Hope this helps, have fun.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)