Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Loved Up?

narnia

Me too Narnia I've been totally suprised for only the second time in 20 years of marriage :o Tickets for Evita-booked and paid for to arrive today-Bless um!! They can do it when they try

Just stepped out of the shower this morning when the buzzer went, cursing rather loudly I answered, 'postie' he shouted back at me, I thought bloody hell can't anyone else let you in. Then the flat door bell went, still soaking wet I put on a dressing gown and marched to the front door. A box of flowers from my other half who is away this weekend with the TA. Not quite as long as the others but still after 12 years it was a lovely surprise.

Hope everyone has a lovely day.

I had a lovely card and a poem that is on a piece of glass and then later in the day a single red rose which smells really rose like ( unlike some which have an artificial scent or none at all).

Hope everyone has or had an ok day no matter what you have recieved or not.

Nicky Sussex :oxD

How lovely! I don't really DO Valentines but me and my husband do buy each other a card, although its more about what's written inside it really. We never buy pressies or go out or do anything special. I think partly because it is his mum's birthday so to me that's more important!

After my embarrassment last year when my dear other half had flowers/teddy delivered to prechool he was under instructions not to buy any flowers!!

I have had a horrible week and an awful day on Thursday and had totally forgotten about valentines day. On Thursday night I was told 'this is really for saturday but you've had such a horrible day I thought it might cheer you up now' - one bulging red envelope with lovely card and a jewellers box inside with lovely silver necklace :o

He was right it meant far more on Thursday than it would have done today just because it happens to be Feb 14th.

Call me miserable but I would far rather some flowers bought cut price at the garage because he saw them and thought of me as opposed to some huge overpriced bouquet on one specific day of the year!!

Just stepped out of the shower this morning when the buzzer went, cursing rather loudly I answered, 'postie' he shouted back at me, I thought bloody hell can't anyone else let you in. Then the flat door bell went, still soaking wet I put on a dressing gown and marched to the front door. A box of flowers from my other half who is away this weekend with the TA. Not quite as long as the others but still after 12 years it was a lovely surprise.

Hope everyone has a lovely day.

I'm assuming your other half is away with the TA = Territorial army not your TA = teaching assistant ... or maybe you're more understanding than me!

I'm assuming your other half is away with the TA = Territorial army not your TA = teaching assistant ... or maybe you're more understanding than me!

:o Excellent reply, just as well I don't have a teaching assistant or you might have made me think!!!

Sounds like some of you ladies have some very thoughtful men looking after you!

Unfortunately, as some of you may know, my hubby is in hospital and I couldnt even visit him as I have the flu (confirmed by the doc today.

Cause I couldnt see him, it did get me thinking about our other valentine's days over the past 18 years and the one that is the most memorable goes as follows:-

It was before we were married and Martin had been working a lot of overtime and when I turned up at his house there was no card, no flowers, no box of chocolates, nothing. I had got him a hugh card and when I discovered I was getting nothing in return I was a bit miffed to say the least.

He made some excuse about going out to the shop and would get a bottle of wine and when he came back, he had this big grin on his face and was trying very hard not to laugh. Martins laugh is very infectious so that had me sniggering although I didnt know why.

He then handed me a single plastic red rose and stood waiting for a response, sniggering like a big kid. I told him he shouldnt have bothered but he said that the shop didnt have any and the guy in the off licence let him have it from the window display and had even sprayed it with air freshner for good measure!!!

Thankfully I saw the humour in it and we spent the rest of the night laughing about it. Over the years he has remembered and spent quite a bit of money some years, but now reflecting over all the valentines days we have spent together, that is the one that I remember the most and to this day it still makes us laugh.