Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Planning

Guest Sycamore

Guest Sycamore

Hi

I have done my planning for this terms main focus which is the Jolly Postman and then leading into the Jolly Christmas Postman in the final few weeks.

I have included all the characters, a post office, visit from a postman, writng letters, maps to school, lots of role play etc but wondered if you fabulous people out there have any other wonderful suggestions particularly for the outside areas.

I do seem to lack imagination when sitting here with my laptop and no inspiration from a team of teachers (I am a 1 form entry reception class!).

I look forward to any little gems you may offer my way. :o

Thanks

PS I used to have the DK Jolly Postman CD rom but they don't make it anymore and our computers are to modern (hey thats a first!!) to be compatible. Anyone heard of a website or anything about the story/

PPS Also has anyone got the address of where we can write to Father Christmas and receive individual replies? I used to do this but have forggotten who to write to...Postoffice? Someone suggested Safeways but think the parents mighgt do this and don't want to do things twice.

If you are having a postoffice in the classoom... could you set the outside up as a sorting office... have lots of different size boxes, packages, sacks etc, a mail box for them to empty.

Maybe have houses or areas that they could deliver to... early map making skills... using construction to make houses.... dressing up as the different characters each week.

I did this topic last year but in the spring term and the children loved it.

L

I may be wrong, but I seem to remember being told that you can just put a letter into the post box addressed to Father Christmas and it will be dealt with by the Post Office - just don't put Greenland on or it will go there!! This may be out of date as it was a visiting post man who told us ... and this was a couple/three years ago.

Not much help really is it :o SORRY

Harricroft

Blast!!

That's where I went wrong!! I did that with my children (granted, some years ago now) but I'm sure I put something like Greenland or North Pole. Well, you live and learn.....might ask them if they want to try again!! :o

Sue :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)