Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Vat

Hi, wonder if there is someone out there who can help...

I have heard of someone who has raised a small but significant sum of money but can not use the school account as the school is in debt and the bursar seems reluctant to pay it in.

If she can recalim vat on her purchases the money will go considerably further but how can she do this without using the school account?

If the bursar were to accept the money, can it be used or will it disappear to offset the debt?

Please help!

Susan,

This probably doesn't help !!..... but, as a director of a nursery i am not VAT registered as the nursery provides education meaning i am exempt.

So we don't pay it ........... but obviously can't claim it back either.

Thanks Lucy. I presume schools are similarly catagorised as they acn reclaim the VAT paid with a proper receipt. The issue here is though that the teacher with the money, ligitamately raised for resources, can not purchase items through the school accounts or put the money there as the school is in debt and the bursar is reluctant to accept it.

If she buys the goods she is not vat exempt, how can she overcome this?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)