Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Interview For Eyfs Support Teacher

blackcat

That's an interesting job title for a position in a Children's Centre - can you tell us what sort of things are in the job description? Quite a few of us on here are teachers in Children's Centres but I've never come across that title before. Is the post full time? Is the position hands on with the children? Does the Centre have a full daycare facility? Sorry for all the questions but it'll give us an idea of what you will be asked to do and then we can hopefully give you some good advice!

Have you been to look around the Centre? If not, I strongly suggest that you do before the interview, to give you an idea of the range of professionals that you would be working with and the services provided to the local community. It would also give you an insight into the particular issues relevant to the local community in which the Centre is located.

That's an interesting job title for a position in a Children's Centre - can you tell us what sort of things are in the job description? Quite a few of us on here are teachers in Children's Centres but I've never come across that title before. Is the post full time? Is the position hands on with the children? Does the Centre have a full daycare facility? Sorry for all the questions but it'll give us an idea of what you will be asked to do and then we can hopefully give you some good advice!

Have you been to look around the Centre? If not, I strongly suggest that you do before the interview, to give you an idea of the range of professionals that you would be working with and the services provided to the local community. It would also give you an insight into the particular issues relevant to the local community in which the Centre is located.

Hi thanks for reply here's the job description :-

To offer curriculum advice, support and training on the Early Years Foundation Stage to all Early Years settings within a Children’s Centre area.

· To empower all working in the maintained and non-maintained sector to respond to the diverse and educational needs of children in their care.

· To have a willingness to broaden and develop their own expertise in creating a high quality learning environment for children from birth to five years and their families.

· To lead through example with a sensitive approach in reaching out to all families and groups within the area, through offering a range of appropriate facilities within extended hours.

· To offer expertise and knowledge in Inclusion of SEN and AEN within the early years.

Main Duties

· To promote the development of high quality Early Years Foundation Stage practice in the Children’s Centre school and each area. The EYFSS teacher will also support dissemination of this practice.

· To liaise closely with schools and settings in the Children’s Centre and in the reach area to ensure that there is a focus upon wellbeing and nurture during transition processes.

· Through the Children’s Centre activities and work in schools and settings, the EYFSST will develop work with parents, engaging them in their child’s education and development from an early age.

· To attend working groups and meetings alongside other professional to ensure that a multi agency approach to the delivery of Children’s Centre services is achieved.

· To assess the training needs of Early Years Foundation Stage practitioners and provide advice and support to ensure practitioners meet their identified training needs.

· To lead courses and INSET sessions (including twilight sessions), for the dissemination of training concerning the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework to meet locally identified needs and promote joint working at locality and Local Authority level.

· To support and challenge settings in their use of baseline assessments and Foundation Profile Assessments.

· To support and facilitate co-operative working and networking between settings in the Children’s Centre cluster.

· To support settings in their self evaluation in relating to Ofsted inspections. To assist settings with addressing the identified areas of development and implement inspection action plans.

· To maintain agreed records of the support given through application of the EYQISP and ‘Foundations for Quality’ documents. The information will need to be stored in the school and on the central Local Authority system.

· To provide oral and written reports to a wide variety of audiences.

· To assist the Headteacher and line manager and the locality Early Years Consultant in monitoring and evaluating the quality of the Early Years provision in the Children’s Centre and in the reach area schools and settings.

· To keep abreast of current developments and in Early Years education through attending relevant training.

· To undertake other duties compatible with the grading of the post

Grade TLR2a MPS-MPS6

fixed term til march 2011

Not much then blackcat?

Good luck with the interview, as Wolfie said, see if you can visit if you haven't already and find out sa much as yo can about the area and the families and community you wold be supporting.

Do you have any presentation to prepare?

Not much then blackcat?

Good luck with the interview, as Wolfie said, see if you can visit if you haven't already and find out sa much as yo can about the area and the families and community you wold be supporting.

Do you have any presentation to prepare?

No presentation, just a Portfolio of what I do. I am bit puzzled with I teach or not. Can anybody tell me what they do so am not totally out of my depth. Thanx

Thats the 'how long is a piece of string' question. Have a read through some of the other threads in this forum and you will see that everyone's job is different and every LA employs CC teachers in a different way. When I was a CC teacher, I actually did a lot of family support, supported playworkerws in developing stay and play, spent some time in the day nursery but modellng suporting staff or woth projects etc rather than teaching. I was never counted in numbers unless we had a need but in some CCs the teacher teaches. So its a good iea to find out what is expected of you before you agree to anyhitng (that's if they know, my job changed almost weekly!!).

Much will depend on if the post is in a new CC or an established one.

Thats the 'how long is a piece of string' question. Have a read through some of the other threads in this forum and you will see that everyone's job is different and every LA employs CC teachers in a different way. When I was a CC teacher, I actually did a lot of family support, supported playworkerws in developing stay and play, spent some time in the day nursery but modellng suporting staff or woth projects etc rather than teaching. I was never counted in numbers unless we had a need but in some CCs the teacher teaches. So its a good iea to find out what is expected of you before you agree to anyhitng (that's if they know, my job changed almost weekly!!).

Much will depend on if the post is in a new CC or an established one.

Confusion has set in but hey at least I will have lots to ask in the interview. It sounds a very interesting job I love helping and advising so it could be right up my street.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)